The Zoom TMS 101 course will cover TMS theory, indications, and practice, and provides ample opportunity for actual hands-on practice sessions for the physician and their staff to ensure their familiarity with the safe and proper administration of TMS therapy to their patients.
Two outstanding providers who built successful TMS practices will share their experience and lessons learned with you. Rustin Berlow, MD Board Certified Psychiatrist and Bill Shryer DCSW. Scroll to the end of this page for faculty details.
Location: This is a live online course using Zoom. An invitation will be sent to all participants by email.
Date/time: March 6-7, 2021 (10:00 AM - 3:00 PM PST)
Registration Fee: $299.00
All Times are Los Angeles Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Day 1 - Saturday
- 10:00 – 10:30 AM
- Mechanism of action and Indications of TMS
- 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM
- What are the risks and potential adverse effects of TMS
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Demonstration of TMS Equipment and Q&A
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- Finding the Hotspot, Motor Threshold, and DLPFC
- 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM
- TMS Treatment protocols
- 2:30 PM – 3:00 PM
- TMS sharing and keeping a record: Backup of all your patient and protocol data, peer to peer Protocol sharing, device syncing across offices - CloudTMS+
- 3:00 PM
- Wrap Up of Day 1 – Q&A and YouTube videos
Day 2 - Sunday
- 10:00 – 11:00 AM
- Personalizing TMS treatment – CloudEEG and Peak Alpha Detection
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- TMS technician hiring, training and supervising (Courtesy Dr. Rustin Berlow and staff)
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- Running a TMS Clinic - How to manage TMS patient recruiting, scheduling, and treatment
- 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- TMS Billing: Cash or Insurance? TMS CPT codes
- 3:00 PM
- Wrap Up of Day 2 – Q&A and YouTube videos
We attended our second refreshment course in May of 2019. It was a very pleasant environment, but more importantly very educational. We went through the history of the TMS technology and the very basics, working up to the more complex aspects. There was some hands on activities that brought the attendees together and taught everyone the basic features of the machine. They also went over how to successfully run a TMS practice and gave us a great insight on Neuroimaging for better delivering and understanding TMS treatment. Comprehensive approach on understanding reimbursement dynamics with insurances and privet payers. It is a truly informative and very important step for any TMS interested MD’s, techs and Science curious people. Our special thanks to Dr. Rustin Berlow, MD, Joe F. Jabre, MD and William Shryer, DCSW, LCSW Great people-Great Time!" Segal Psychiatry team
"I'm not one for superlatives, but this conference was spectacular. My time table for starting my TMS practice was catapulted forward through all I learned, the services and resources CloudTMS made available. I feel like my very satisfying 30+ year career just got a shot in the arm and my practice is getting a fresh and exciting reboot. Thank you, CloudTMS!" John Woodall, MD, President, Synergy Health Solutions of Newtown, CT.
"The CloudTMS course was an absolute pleasure and a very useful and stimulating two days of lectures and discussions on anything and everything TMS-related. Dr. Berlow, in particular, was incredible. His expertise and interest in the therapeutic applications of TMS are second to none, and you can’t help but get excited about the future of this technology when he speaks. The hands-on experience using the software and coil, with the guidance of the wonderful CloudTMS team, was essential to our own team’s comfort level using our new machine, as well. Highly recommended for anyone interested in the advanced and powerful CloudTMS system. It didn’t hurt that it was in beautiful Venice Beach, either!” Alan Jaziri & Dr. Walid Jaziri
"I recently attended the May 2019 conference In Marina Del Rey, CA. Being a TMS provider since 2012, this course opened my eyes to endless possibilities and equipped me significantly with how I can further help my patients. They invited multiple speakers of different professions that can help build a successful practice from ground up. I strongly recommend this course to anyone." Mitchell Cabisudo, MD
Course Training and Teaching Objectives
The TMS course will cover TMS theory, indications, practice, and information to ensure familiarity with the safe and proper administration of TMS therapy to patients.
During the sessions we will use an FDA cleared TMS machine to practice how to operate the device, find the landmarks needed to identify the HotSpot and DLPFC, as well as ongoing research and other applications of TMS therapy.
There will be a full afternoon session dedicated to the business principles of setting up a TMS clinic, patient outreach in the community, the hiring and training of technicians and staff, accepting cash or insurance, and CPT codes used for reimbursement.
The TMS Course is primarily targeted at practicing Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Neurologists who are interested in:
- Starting a TMS practice of their own
- Learning about TMS principles, its indications, risks and adverse effects
- Understanding the function and operation of TMS equipment
- Learning and understanding the business principles of starting a TMS clinic, recruiting patients and hiring and training staff
- Exploring future areas of research and application of TMS therapy in the fields of Psychiatry and Neurology
At the end of the Course, and in order to obtain a Course Attendance Certificate, the provider and their staff will need to show proficiency in:
- Describing the TMS machine function and operation
- Becoming familiar with the Clinical indications of TMS therapy
- Understanding the potential adverse effects of TMS therapy
- Identifying the motor threshold and DLPC stimulation landmarks
- Developing an understanding of how to set up a Clinical TMS Service and a familiarity with the Business principles needed to run a TMS practice
Call 1-877-835-3364 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
List of Speakers & Faculty
Rustin Berlow, MD
American Brain Stimulation Clinic, Del Mar and Irvine, CA
William Shryer, DCSW, LCSW
Blackhawk TMS, Danville, CA
Joe F Jabre, MD, CEO
TeleEMG, LLC, Los Angeles, CA
CloudTMS Course disclaimer
The CloudTMS device was cleared by the FDA for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder in adult patients who have failed to receive satisfactory improvement from prior antidepressant medication in the current episode.
CloudTMS courses consist of educational presentations designed to familiarize healthcare providers with the use and operation of TMS devices, as well as the indications, and potential side effects, of administered TMS therapy.
Material, demonstrations, and handouts provided by various faculty invited to the CloudTMS course represent the sole opinion of these faculty and not CloudTMS, and should not be construed as being endorsed by CloudTMS or the CloudTMS staff.
By signing up and attending these courses, participants acknowledge their understanding of and agreement with these policies.